Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sixth Day - St. Thomas - September 25, 2013

Halloween on the High Seas! I couldn't wait until all of the Halloween themed things started! Today was spent completely on the ship. We just didn't feel like going to St. Thomas today. So, we wore our swimsuits all day. Went to the hot tubs, adult pool and to the Rainforest Spa. While at the adult pool, I had another Drink-of-the-Day. Today it was called Spooky Juice. The drink itself was just ok, but the garnish was pretty gross. It was a piece of banana with cherries in it for eyeballs. I thought it was 2 marshmallows, until I bit into the banana. For some reason, it was just gross.

                            

 

Relaxed in the Rainforest hot tubs, mostly to help my hurt back. I must have carried too much early on in the trip. Between the airport, WDW rides and boarding day, my back was really hurting. We even went down to the health center to see what I could do. Ibuprofen was about all they could really suggest. So, hot tubs and the heated tile loungers were a good idea for me today. We even tried out a couple of the scented showers with sensory sound and lights. Steve screamed like a little girl when the cold water hit him. Yes, he did. He can not deny it, there were other people there that I am sure heard him while 'trying' to relax. LOL! The steam rooms were a little too much for me. And I'm pretty sure I fell asleep on those heated loungers, blending in with all of the other old folks snoring :)

Around 3pm I took Steve to see Monsters University. I had gone with Luke to see it a couple of weeks before hand, but Steve was seeing it for the first time. Pretty sure he fell asleep in there. Thank goodness it was free... While we were watching, we could definitely feel the ship start to move. It was a pretty neat feeling. So, after the movie, we ventured out to the side decks to watch the ship pass various small islands. I wondered if any of them were for sale :)


Oh, and Cars was on the big screen around lunch time too! Again, most people were ashore and it was quiet by the family pools! I'm pretty sure this was the day we tried out the Aquaduck!!! :) 2 times around for both of us. The deck was very hot and they wouldn't let you take your flip flops with you :(


Tonight, there was a hypnosis show. They kinda freak me out, so we skipped it and had a drink before dinner in La Piazza and listened to some music :)


Dinner was in Enchanted Garden again tonight and we wore our Halloween costumes. There were not lot of people dressed up. Since it was early in the season, I don't think a lot of people knew about it. We were on the first sailing with Halloween activities. Families had a good time with it. Sandy and Judy dressed up as the cruise ships smoke stacks and won in their category. And someone from our Facebook group dressed as the whole cast of the Little Mermaid. All of the costumes were fun to see! We wore our Lightning McQueen/Herbie pit crew costumes again. Dessert was the only Halloween item we saw at dinner. It wasn't on the menu, the servers just brought one to each of the couples. Next time I would like to spend more time seeing the Halloween decorations, characters and activities.


The theme tonight at the Tube was London Rocks. We talked Steve, Tracy, Doug and Michelle into joining us tonight! There was also an 80's music trivia contest. I think we did pretty well, it helped having a group of people on one team :)


Where is my photo of tonights towel creature!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment