Saturday, November 2, 2013

The planning has finally paid off!

Another Disney vacation is in the books! It was a great trip and I certainly learned a lot in the process. We I booked this cruise exactly a year out. So, there was indeed a lot of planning that had to be done. Certainly, you have to plan if you want everything to be perfect. You never know if there will be a NEXT time, right?!

I have a few hobbies.
The main one: planning Disney trips. Whether they are real ones that will be carried out or not. Thinking of going on a Disney vacation? CALL ME! Really, I enjoy it well enough to call it a hobby.

hob·by1
ˈhäbē/
noun
  1. 1.
    an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
    "Lydia's hobbies are reading, writing, planning, listening to, watching and partaking in anything related to the Disney travel franchise"
    synonyms:pastime, leisure activity, leisure pursuit

It's a real entry in the dictionary, see?!

My other hobbies include crafting and sewing. So, of course, I did my fill of crafting and sewing before this trip.




These are just some of the things I made for this trip. I actually made some other magnets for the door to go around the room number plaque. I also had Captain Mickey, Birthday Mickey (for Steve's birthday), Pirate Mickey, Goofy, The Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat. And another shirt for Steve to wear at dinner, like the one's above, but with Monsters Inc. I didn't get to wear the pirate dress I made because it was too small. I had made a t-shirt to wear instead.


I even got Steve to help me on one project. He covered a cardboard drink carrier with Mickey duct tape. I think he used the carrier one time to bring drinks to the room from the buffet area upstairs.

So, thanks to the DIS community, planning for your Disney trips really do pay off!

My next entries will take you on a day by day journey of our Disney cruise :)
See ya real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment